For the past 10 months, we’ve explored a theme that is pertinent to all artists. Let’s sum this season up and get the definitive answer to this crucial question.
In our season 1 finale, we’ll revisit old interviews, introduce new ones, and summarize what essentially amounts to a 4-stop process; and we do it in a way that is classic Radio Film School–from stories to movie clips to an eclectic score, you’ll be inspired after hearing this episode.Be sure to listen past the credits to get a sneak peek at season 2 and the collaboration we’re doing with Stillmotion and Muse Storytelling to document the making of their
Be sure to listen past the credits to get a sneak peek at season 2 and the collaboration we’re doing with Stillmotion and Muse Storytelling to document the making of their The Remarkable Ones series. It’s very cool! Sign up for our email list to be notified when we start. Also, email subscribers will get access and see my short film, “Mixed in America: Little Mixed Sunshine.”
Who You Heard
In this episode, we hear from:
- Zaki Lisha of De Anza College’s Film & TV Program
- Adam Forgione of Pennylane Productions
- Elaine McMillion Sheldon, Peabody Award-winning filmmaker behind the interactive documentary “Hollow“
- Dustin Blake of Indy Productions (see his “tatted-up” wedding video below)
- Ryan Koral of Tell Agency and Studio Sherpas
- Brett Culp, director of “Legends of the Knight“
- Video Essayist extraordinaire Adam Westbrook of delve.tv
- Kathleen Shannon of the Being Boss podcast as a guest on CreativeLive’s Power. Profit. Pursuit. Podcast (ep. #37)
- Sasha Perl-Raver, movie and TV critic, actress, writer and co-host on Collider TV Talk
Who You Heard in the Audio Montages
In the opening montage of soundbites, here’s who you heard:
- Commercial photographer and author Doug Menuez
- Philip Bloom (internationally renown DP)
- Ray Roman of Ray Roman Films
- Travel filmmaker Brandon Li
- Sal D’alia, the filmmaker behind Adorama’s TTL Film Series
- Cut.com CEO and Creative Director, Mike Gaston
- Patrick Moreau, co-founder of Still Motion and Muse Storytelling
- Kevin Shahinian of Pacific Pictures
- Alex Ferrari, host of Indie Film Hustle
In the Radio Film School Preview you heard:
- Kevin Shahinian
- Ryan Booth of Serial Box TV
- Jeff Cannata of the Slashfilmcast and We Have Concerns
- Brett Culp
If you have a question about the movie business you’d like answered, or if you just want to drop us a line to say “Hi”, email us at email@example.com. Better yet, use the “Send Voicemail” button at the bottom of our website to leave a voicemail message. Follow Ron on Twitter @DareDreamerFM, or follow the show @RadioFilmSchool. Join the discussion at facebook.com/radiofilmschool.
Music in this Episode
Music was curated from FreeMusicArchive.org. In order of appearance, the music in this episode:
- Reflections by Scott Holmes (CC BY)
- Fire Ahead by Jahzzar (CC BY)
- Prelude No. 4 by Chris Zabriskie (CC BY)
- Cylinder 6 by Chris Zabriskie (CC BY)
- A Man with a Golden Soul by MC Cullah (CC BY-SA)
- Please Listen Carefully by Jahzzar (CC BY-SA)
- Wonder Cycle by Chris Zabriskie (CC BY)
- Main Stem by U.S. Army Blues (Public Domain)
- Simple Hop by Broke for Free (CC BY)
- Green Fields by Scott Holmes (CC BY)
- Fall and Rise by Scott Holmes (CC BY)
- God’s Will by lo fi is sci-fi (CC BY)
- Back to Buxton by Alec’s Band (CC BY)
Click here to learn about Creative Commons licenses and meanings.
The trailer and full Creative Mornings documentary I created.
The Vegas wedding video by Dustin Blake. [May contain some adult content]
free dirty cam says
When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four e-mails with the same comment.
Is there any way you can remove people from that service?
Ron Dawson says
Any email notification you receive should have a link that allows you to unsubscribe from that comment.