We recount some of our favorite Radio Film School stories during these first six months of the podcast. Plus, a big announcement.
Today we’re excited to announce that Radio Film School is now part of the Podcastica network. Think of it as a sort of indie label of 8 (or rather, now, 9) podcasts. To acquaint our new family of Podcastica listeners with the show, and to celebrate the 6-month mark into the season, today we start a 2 part “Best of…” series. In part 1 we’ll cover some of my favorite personal stories told on the show; from father figures to first loves. This episode also includes the moving story of why spoken word artist Marshall Davis Jones changed his famous “Spelling Father” spoken word performance to no longer refer to his dad as a deadbeat. (Powerful stuff! That story alone is worth the price of admission.)
In part 2, we’ll share some of my favorite guest stories and conversations.
Even if you’ve been an avid listener, I am confident you’ll enjoy this trip down memory lane as I’ll also offer some additional insight into the episodes I highlight. And in today’s bonus segment, I finally give the definition of the term “Short Ends” and why I chose that name for the interim episodes.
Legally License Music for Your Production
If you need to legally license music for your productions, from every genre, look no further than Song Freedom. Click here and use offer code radio for a one-time Standard Gold Level license worth $30.
Learn How Stillmotion Tells Emmy Award-winning Stories
Stillmotion’s Muse Storytelling is the process they use to tell the kind of stories that has helped them garner five Emmys, and go from shooting weddings to shooting the Super Bowl. They’ve generously offered our listeners a special offer. Details are in the episode.
Grow in Your Craft and Career
We’re also supported by YOU, the listeners. Become a Dare Dreamer FM Premium member and gain access to bonus episodes, ebooks, templates, and other resources to help you grow in your craft and career.
Music in this Episode
- “Please Listen Carefully” by Jahzzar. CC BY-SA.
- “Cylinder Six” by Chris Zabriskie. CC BY.
- “A Man with a Golden Soul” by Cullah. CC BY-SA.
- “Sly and the Family Jones” by Mike Spitz and Phys Edison. CC BY.
- “12 Lost Love Letters” and “Erik” by Fog Lake. CC BY.
- Stubborn Love by The Lumineers. Courtesy of Song Freedom. All rights reserved.
- “Save the Last Dance for Me” by the Drifters. Courtesy of Song Freedom. All rights reserved.
- “Dancing Machine” by the Jackson 5. Courtesy of Song Freedom. All rights reserved.
- “The Sun is Scheduled to Come Out Tomorrow“Chris Zabriskie. CC BY.
- “Hey Ho” by the Lumineers. Courtesy of Song Freedom. All rights reserved.