Now is the time to let your talent shine. We want to incorporate your work into the “Breaking the Glass” short film docu-series. There are two ways you can play along:
- A profile video
- The Video Vignette Challenge
Profile Video (Due Indefinitely)
At any time during the entire run of the docu-series, you may submit a 30- to 90-second profile video about yourself. What do you do? Why do you do it? Show b-roll of you in action. Talk to the camera/audience with an infinite white or black background. Create a Malick-esque visual-only montage. Whatever you like. Videos should be 1920×1080 in MP4, MOV, or M4V format. International entries are welcome!
It can be as simple as this…
Video Vignette Challenge (Submissions closed)
For those of you feeling a little more daring, we encourage you to submit a 30- to 90-second creative video vignette that fits into one of the six main categories:
- Act Like a Man
- Female Agency or Courage of Conviction
- Female vs Male Communication
- Job Disparity
- Breaking the Glass Ceiling
Feel free to enter a video into each category if you like.
International entries are welcome! The only downside is that one of the prizes for the vignette challenge is a rental credit from LensProToGo, which only delivers in the U.S. Other than that, the other prizes are “digital” or online services, so they can be used anywhere.
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO SEPTEMBER 18, 2016 (11:59 PM PDT).
The winner(s) of each category will each win the following prizes from our generous competition sponsors (nearly $1000 in value for each winning video. So, if you enter two categories and win each, you get the prizes for each category, doubling your winnings!):
A free song license from an artist of your choice, worth up to $150.
Muse Storytelling by Stillmotion
- Lifetime Access to The Complete Muse Storytelling Process ($327 value)
- 1-year subscription to the Muse Storybuilder ($149 value)
- The Offline Muse Toolkit containing: The Muse Storytelling Process (book), 11″ x 17″ Muse canvas poster, custom Muse thumb drive with worksheets, editable pdfs, and audio recaps. ($147 value)
$100 in gear credits from LensProToGo
Dare Dreamer FM Premium Membership
One year of free Dare Dreamer FM Premium Membership, granting you access to resources like ebooks, templates, bonus episodes, and more.
Shane’s Inner Circle
One month of free membership to Shane’s Inner Circle
- Try to keep video around 60 seconds. But we’ll accept entries up to 90 seconds. Anything longer than that will not be considered.
- All content in submitted videos must be owned by you (or clearly fall within fair use).
- Any music used must be legally licensed. (A proper license or proof of legal use will be required).
- Submissions must not contain any content that would be deemed as “adult”, nor contain any kind of hate speech.
- By submitting your video, you grant Dare Dreamer Media, Inc. an indefinite, creative commons license (CC BY) for use in the “Breaking the Glass” docu-film series.
- SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE NO LATER THAN 11:59 PM PDT,
AUGUST 21, SEPTEMBER 18, 2016.