This week JD has a conniption fit over hearing about fan theories.
JD doesn’t read the show notes and he and Ron get into a huge debate over fan theories and whether or not they spoil the enjoyment of the show. Yolanda ponders whether or not a movie like “The Sixth Sense” could be successful in today’s age of Twitter and Facebook. Leave us a voicemail below or shoot us an email to let us know what you think–firstname.lastname@example.org.
Edu is absent.
Follow the show @WwWestworldPod.
Sign up to be notified of new episodes and links to cool “Westworld” resources.
- Ron Dawson (@DareDreamerFM): documentary filmmaker and host of the radio documentary podcast Radio Film School. Think of it as “This American Life” for filmmakers. “Ron is the ‘Black Ira Glass'” ~ Edu.
- Yolanda T. Cochran (@rat_in_a_wheel): feature film producer, production consultant, and former EVP of Physical Production at Alcon Entertainment.
- JD Cochran (@thatJDCochran): indie filmmaker, former actor, and hip-deep in finishing his first feature-length sci-fi thriller about…well, that’s a secret.
- Edu Black (@SceneNoirBlack): production coordinator on the Simpsons, professional wise-cracker.
Music for the show is “Black Lung” by Broke for Free. (CC BY-SA).
Links Mentioned in the Episode
- The Reddit Theory about M.I.B. and William
- The Thrillist post about Westworld theories
- The Huffington Post article about GTA
About the Show
“The Westworld podcast that Samuel L. Jackson would love!” This is the unofficial, unruly and often uproariously funny podcast about the HBO hit series Westworld. (If you don’t know what “CP Time” is…Google it.) In our discussion of Westworld, we can’t promise we’ll always “stay on target” (Star Wars tangents will be a-plenty). But we can promise you’ll always have a great time as four filmmaking friends–Ron, JD, Yolanda, and Edu–get deep, argue loud, throw shade on fan theories (and each other), and try to get to the bottom of who the hell this Man in Black is, what is Bernard up to, why Ford likes to hang out with creepy old dudes, and will Dolores ever gain her FREEEEEEDOM!