There are few filmmakers in the history of the craft who are as revered for their work, and as associated with a particular style, as Sir Alfred Hitchcock.
Hitchcock’s work is so distinctive, his name has become an adjective to describe a well-executed, suspense thriller or drama (e.g. David Fincher’s “Se7en” is a Hitchcockian thriller filled with mystery, murder, and suspense-filled thrills worthy of the master of suspense himself.)
No doubt that if you’re passionate about filmmaking and cinema, you’ve seen plenty of interviews and/or video essays about Hitch. But as usual, my hope is to share some insight that you might not have heretofore come across.
This week’s episode is chock full of experts:
- Alex Ferrari: indie filmmaker and host of the Indie Film Hustle podcast.
- David Shulman: executive director of the Seattle Film Institute.
- Adam Westbrook: professional video essayist and creator of Delve.tv, whose 8 video essays have over 1 million views collectively and 6 Vimeo Staff Picks.
- Brandon McCormick: founder and director at Whitestone Motion Pictures.
- John P. Hess: director of the popular filmmaking educaation site, FilmmakerIQ.com.
Music in this Episode
Music was curated from FreeMusicArchive.org. In order of appearance, the music in this episode:
- Andrew Bissett: Cultural Dis-ease by Sergey Schepkin (CC BY-SA)
- Shower Scene by Josh Woodward (CC BY)
- When You Leave by Sergey Cheremisinov (CC BY)
- Faster Does It by Kevin MacLeod (CC BY)
- Fog by Sergey Cheremisinov (CC BY)
- Departure (Skarsvat Airport) by Ars Sonor (CC BY-SA)
- Origin I by Scott Holmes (CC BY)
- Origin II by Scott Holmes (CC BY)
Click here to learn about Creative Commons licenses and meanings.
One of my favorite video essays by Adam.
Wipster + Adobe Premiere Pro. Wipster + Vimeo.
We’re thrilled to have Wipster join the Radio Film School family. Wipster is a leading video collaboration tool, allowing you to share your video with clients and colleagues and collect feedback. Go to Wipster.io to sign up. And if you’re used to using Vimeo to share links with clients, no worries. Wipster has exclusive integration with Vimeo. Go from Vimeo to Wipster and back again, seamlessly.
Wipster also has a built-in panel that allows you to share your video directly from within Premiere Pro, and you’ll be able to see client’s feedback on that video directly within Premiere. Check out their 1-minute walk-through.
There’s A New StoryBuilder App from Muse Storytelling by Stillmotion
Muse Storytelling by Stillmotion has released a new app that will change the way you tell stories. Use it to work out the four essential “P’s” of every story: People, Places, Plot and Purpose. Add photos to help you visualize the story. You can even join a community of like-minded creatives who can all collaborate with you on your story’s development. Head on over to buildstory.org and sign up for a free 14-day trial. No credit card is required.
Grow in Your Craft and Career
We’re also supported by YOU, the listeners. Become a Dare Dreamer FM Premium member and gain access to bonus episodes, ebooks, templates, and other resources to help you grow in your craft and career.