Today we have the season 2 premiere of Radio Film School and we look at four essential characteristics to have fulfilling longevity in any artistic endeavor.
Season 1 of the show explored the theme of “finding your voice and developing a signature style.” In season 2, the central theme will be “pursuing your passion” To kick the season off, we’re going to look at 4 characteristics that are essential for filmmakers (or any artist) to go the distance. And in the process of looking at those characteristics, boy do we have a show for you. Everything that makes a Radio Film School episode special—funny anecdotes, silly stories, sound design, a great soundtrack, pop culture movie references, and engaging, enlightening, and insightful interviews with amazing and eloquent filmmakers and artists.
Be sure to listen past the credits to get a sneak peek at season 2 and some of the cool projects we have lined up. Sign up for our email list to get access to the special resources mentioned in the episode.
Who You Heard
In this episode, we hear from:
- Talicia Raggs, producers/writer on CW’s The Originals
- Yolanda T. Cochran, former EVP of Physical Production at Alcon Entertainment
- Chris Fenwick, veteran editor and producer
- Jeff Cannata, co-host of the Slashfilmcast
- Cosmos Kiindarius, award-winning director
- Jenna Edwards, film and media producer dedicated to helping filmmakers tell their stories
- Rana Campbell, host of the Dreams in Drive podcast (you can catch my episode of her show here.)
- Courtney Daniels of Busted Buggy Entertainment
- Patrick Moreau, managing partner of Muse Storytelling and The Better Human Project
- Amina Moreau, managing partner of Stillmotion
Tell Us Your Story
We want to hear the story of your first movie memory. Email us at email@example.com. Better yet, use the “Send Voicemail” button at the bottom of our website to leave a voicemail message. Follow Ron on Twitter @DareDreamerFM, or follow the show @RadioFilmSchool. Join the discussion at facebook.com/radiofilmschool.
Music in this Episode
Music was curated from FreeMusicArchive.org. In order of appearance, the music in this episode:
- Fire Ahead by Jahzzar (cc by-sa)
- Boulevard St Germain by Jahzzar (cc by-sa)
- Young Adult Friction by Alec’s Band by Alec’s Band (cc by)
- Release (Instrumental) by Josh Woodward (cc by)
- Voyage I – Waterfall by The Kyoto Connection (cc by-sa)
- Warm of Mechanical Heart by Kai Engel (cc by)
- Walking Barefoot on Grass (Bonus) by Kai Engel (cc by)
- Show Me (Instrumental) by Josh Woodward (cc by)
- What Does Anybody Know About Anything by Chris Zabriskie (cc by)
- Words Fall Apart (Instrumental) by Josh Woodward (cc by)
- lost love letters by Fog Lake (cc by)
- The Summer Is Gone by Mike B. Fort (cc by)
Click here to learn about Creative Commons licenses and meanings.