Today we have a provocative issue about the power of media to shape public opinion and perception. But how do we discern what’s true?
The ability to carry a high-definition video camera in your pocket has literally changed the face of an industry. Now any John or Jane Doe with an iPhone can be a DIY Anderson Cooper. Well, a conversation I had with world-renown wedding filmmaker Ray Roman about the controversy over police shootings led me down a path to explore this topic further. Today on the show you’ll hear part of my conversation with Ray that prompted this exploration. We also hear from show regulars JD and Yolanda Cochran on the topic, as well as Legends of the Knight director and founder of the Rising Heroe’s Project, Brett Culp. (With Legends of the Knight, Brettt raised over $100,000 for charities. He’s hoping to do better than that with the next movie, but needs help raising the last set of funds. Click here to learn more.)
Music in this Episode
Music from today’s episode was curated from FreeMusicArchive.org:
- The Crazies Are Out Tonight by Dylan Palme (CC BY-SA)
- Grave Robbers From Outer Space by Dylan Palme (CC BY-SA)
- Higekitekina (悲劇的な) by Fabian Measures (CC BY)
- Bliss (Peaceful Dales) by Fabian Measures (CC BY-SA)
- Subtle Library by Fabian Measures (CC BY-SA)
- 8bit Five (ft. J6) by Cullah (CC BY-SA)
Click here to learn about Creative Commons licenses and meanings.