Have you ever been afraid to do something you knew was the right thing to do?
Today is the inaugural episode of the “Making a Documentary” mini-series, wherein we document, well, the making of a documentary. Specifically, my first feature-length documentary. Except, I’m not the director. My wife Tasra is (pronounced TOZ-ra).
On this episode, Tasra shares the deeply personal story that motivated her to take up the mantle of “filmmaker” and create “Invisible Illness”, a documentary about what it’s like living with an illness (or illnesses) where you look fine on the outside, but inside you’re suffering. She shares why she felt this story had to be told, why it has to be told as a film, and why she is reluctantly considering herself a filmmaker.
To learn more about the documentary visit InvisibleIllnessFilm.com.
Music in this Episode
Music was curated from FreeMusicArchive.org. In order of appearance, the music in this episode was:
- Fire Ahead by Jahzzar (CC BY-SA)
- No Home by Cullah (CC BY-SA)
- The Secret to Growing Up by Lee Rosevere (CC BY)
- I Am a Man Who Will Fight for Your Honor by Chris Zabriskie (CC BY)
- Going Home by Lee Rosevere (CC BY)
- Laserdisc by Chris Zabriskie (CC BY)
Click here to learn about Creative Commons licenses and meanings.