Today brand strategist and designer Morgan Haines from A Little Creative gives great insight into branding, where she gets her chutzpah, and “verbal diarrhea.”
When I read Morgan’s about page, I knew I wanted to have her on the show. She writes “According to the internet, I’m technically a dwarf. However, my height may be the only thing about me that’s small. I’ve got a big mouth, an even bigger personality, a great big heart, and lots of big ideas.” I found out how true that is when I had the distinct pleasure to speak with Morgan.
In this episode we cover:
- Digital hoarding
- How to deal with clients as friends
- How to deal with an obsession creatives have to get “Likes”
- Finding inspiration
- Brand strategy and what “brand” is
- Business lessons from the 70s black sitcom “What’s Happening”
- Running out of gas (literally)
- Paul Jarvis’ “Creative Class“
- And more inspiration that will light a fire under your butt
We also talk more about the new segment I plan to have on the show where we’ll tear apart my brand. (As of now called “Breaking Brand”, but that name may change). Stay tuned for more info on that.